Did you know that virtually the entire state of Florida is a flood zone? Since its creation in 1968, the National Flood Insurance Program has paid $1.2 billion in Florida claims. A flood can occur as a result of a hurricane, thunderstorm or other disaster. Floridians need to be knowledgeable about their flood risk and flood insurance coverage.
Florida Family administers flood policies through The National Flood Insurance Program. Florida Family can provide you with one adjuster and coordinated claims services if your homeowners and flood policies are written through Florida Family. So, if you experience a disaster requiring response from multiple policies, our Unified Claims Handling Program can quickly restore your family’s quality of life.
You will generally have advance warning that flooding is imminent. By taking the following steps, you can reduce damage to your person and property:
- Stay tuned to your local news stations for developments using a battery-powered radio.
- Turn off water. Shut off electricity at the main power switch and close the main gas valve.
- Gather important papers, jewelry, valuables and clothing and move to upper floors or higher elevations.
- Bring outdoor furniture indoors or tie it down securely.
- Don’t drive or walk through flooded areas, and be aware that snakes and other animals may have been driven to higher ground.
Speak to your Florida Family Independent Agent to determine if flood protection is right for you. For the name of a Florida Family agent near you, please call 1-888-850-HOME (4663) or contact our marketing department.
Florida Family Insurance offers a variety of coverage options to protect you and your family.
Review our Coverage Info
for more details.