We know that when our policyholders experience a loss, their lives are disrupted. To help us help you, the following steps are required to ensure that the claim can be settled quickly and efficiently:
- Give prompt notice to us or to your agent.
- Notify the police in the case of loss by theft.
- Notify the credit card or fund transfer card company in case of loss under Credit Card or Fund Transfer Card coverage.
- Prepare an inventory of damaged personal property showing the quantity, description, actual cash value and amount of loss. Attach all bills, receipts and related documents that justify the figures in the inventory.
- Protect the property from further damage. If repairs to the property are required, you must:
- Make reasonable and necessary repairs to protect the property
- Keep an accurate record of repair expenses.
As often as we reasonably require, you will need to:
Show the damaged property;
Provide us with records and documents we request and permit us to make copies; and
Submit to an examination under oath, while not in the presence of any other person named under your policy, and sign it. Also, within 60 days of our request, you must send us your signed, sworn Proof of Loss that states, to the best of your knowledge and belief:
- the time and cause of loss;
- the interest of the "insured" and all others in the property involved and all liens on the property;
- information as to other insurance which may cover the loss;
- changes in title or occupancy of the policy during the term of the policy;
- specifications of damaged buildings and detailed repair estimates;
- the inventory of damaged personal property;
- receipts for additional living expenses that may have been incurred and records that support the fair rental value loss; and
- evidence or affidavit that supports a claim under the Credit Card, Fund Transfer Card, Forgery and Counterfeit Money coverage, stating the amount and cause of loss.
Florida Family Insurance offers a variety of coverage options to protect you and your family.
Review our Coverage Info
for more details.